Best Canadian Blog
Regular updates and helpful tips to help you prepare for your upcoming move.
Moving soon? Here are some great tips to help you get started!
- Before you start packing, you will need to have different sizes of boxes, packing tape, wardrobe boxes, wrapping paper, tissue paper, zip lock bags, markers and scissors.
- Make sure to begin packing well ahead of the move.
- Try to concentrate on one room at a time and label each box by room and item.
- Wrap all your fragile items in bubble wrap or tissue paper.
- Make sure that boxes are not too heavy.
- When furniture is too bulky or heavy to move in one piece, you will need to disassemble, and put all the bolts and nuts in a plastic bag and attach it to the furniture.
- Carpets and rugs should be rolled up and secured with tape.
- Don't forget to dispose of gasoline and oil from lawnmowers and other machinery.
- Don't pack flammable items.
- When disassembling your beds, use tape to bind the frames together.
- Clearly mark fragile items.
- Important documents, jewelry, money, artwork, and home videos should be packed separately and carried with you.